Everyday is Earth Day!
We are Red Balloon, we reflect all humanity and place concern for our planet at the heart of our interactions with each other, our community and the world.
Red Balloon is committed to living to our values and to taking the responsible actions that reflect how we think. We collectively respect and appreciate the only place we can call home – Planet Earth – and we are mindful every day of our part in her preservation.
Our Aims and objectives
We will be honest and aware of our own actions and inaction in order to create the change we need. We will replace existing habits with new ones that reflect how we think and make our impact as light as possible on our work, home, local and global environments.
- We started small but started somewhere. We have established small initiatives to ensure we make a difference every day.
- We dispose of our waste in an environmentally-conscious way. We bought bins for the office specifically to enforce this where there were none, and prior to this we took our recyclable waste away to our recycling bins at home.
- We will encourage others in our business neighbourhood to do the same.
- We make informed decisions about what we buy and where from, to match our environmental responsibilities.
- We walk or cycle or take the train to work. Travelling by car is a last resort.
- We will measure our carbon footprint regularly and track our improvements and gains. We commit to recycling, using green modes of transport, having positive conversations with those around us, to reducing our energy consumption and more.
- We commit to reducing consumption of meat and dairy products. We already eat less meat than last year.
- We are always conscious of our impact on our business neighbours and broader community.
- Grow our own food where we can!
- We have started small but we are moving towards making bigger changes.
- We have started a ripple: We communicate our actions, challenges, ideas and successes in a helpful way to those around us. Our small pebble has already started ripples in our homes and working communities.
- Constant review: We measure and document our individual and team effort and track the reductions in our carbon footprints each month.
We constantly talk about what we can do next!
We, ours, us: We have no other Planet to go to. We have no choice but to change our actions to preserve our home – Earth.
It is our priority to work in harmony with the planet, to pay attention to it, and take actions to slow and halt the journey towards irreversible climate emergencies. There is no more time to lose. Responsibility lies with all of us, collectively and individually. It’s down to us.
The Team @ Red Balloon